Friday, August 19, 2016

Tusker House Character Meal at Animal Kingdom

I am a firm believer in getting the Dining Plan on all Disney World trips.  The best way to get the most out of the Dining Plan, is to book at least one character meal a day!  This way not only are you getting an amazing all you can eat meal, more for your money, you also get special quality time with the characters without waiting in the long lines!!! When I planned our recent trip to Disney World, I was excited to try out Tusker House because I had hear so many wonderful things about it!  I was so so so pleased with that restaurant!   Out of all of the character meals we did on that trip, I think I enjoyed their selection of food the best!  Click HERE to view their whole menu.   Everything I tried was truly delicious!  There were three sides that I kept going back for (seriously, I probably went back for more 6 times and I am not a big eater!) and those were the Pearl Couscous with Sweet Basil, the Sauteed Green Beans, and the Sweet Plantains!  The kids even went back for more helping on their plates then usual, the food,all of it, was just THAT GOOD!!!  Sadly, I was so wrapped up in eating my food and enjoying the amazing atmosphere, I forgot to take any pictures of the food myself!   (Bad blogger, I know, I am so sorry!).   So here are some I got off of Disney's site and google images:
Tusker House is located in the Africa section of Animal Kingdom.  Tucked away between the safari and the Lion King show. 
Beautiful decor!!!  You fill like you are in the middle of an african market!






Now let's talk about the character interactions!  This restaurant is at the top of my list for that!  You will get to meet and spend time with Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, and Daisy Duck....all in safari themed outfits.  I love that the character's come by and spend quality time with each table!  Joking with them, signing autographs, truly making each table feel important and special!  I feel like we got the most time to interact with the characters at this location than the others.  You can see by all the pictures below (and we have more!) how much time they really do spend loving on you.


Daisy was flirting with Seth, which really cracked both the boys up!


















Every so often, the character's stop interacting and they start playing music and they do a parade with all the children in that section!  Most character dining interactions do this, but for whatever reason, all the kids (not just our own) really seemed to be filled with joy and participated more!   Even our 13 year old got in to the action there!  I truly loved seeing my kids dancing, singing, and clapping away behind their beloved characters!  The smiles and laughter were truly priceless!








Tusker House is truly on the top of list of places I recommend you visit on your trip!  It is perfect for all ages and I promise you, you won't forget it!  Be sure to come back to this blog and post in the comments what your favorite food from there was too!!!!!





If you need help booking your own magical Disney Vacation, please visit 
www.facebook.com/OhanaAdventuresTravel 
and send them a message for a no obligation quote to get started!!   All their services are FREE to you!   They can help you find the best rate, the best resort to meet your needs/wants, and even help you with dining reservations and fast passes!!!!  Itinerary planning that will be a tremendous help to your family all for free!  They can even notify you if a better rate comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment