Friday, August 19, 2016

Disney Life Lessons: Pete's Dragon (live action)




One of the millions of reasons I love Disney so much, is I truly believe every single movie that comes out has a lot of really good life lessons we can all learn!  Because of that reason, I am starting a new segment, Disney Life Lessons, will I will feature a movie and my family (all 6 of us) will share the lessons we think we can take away from that movie!

This past weekend, we went and saw the new live Action version of Pete's Dragon.  The animated version was one of my favorite's as a kid (and I admit I have not shown any of our kids that version yet) so I was excited to share this movie with them all!  Let me warn you, this version is a serious tear jerker!   Im talking like BOO HOO tears all over the place!  If it wasn't for me consoling Lillie (the 12 year old) I would have went into full out ugly crying.   Even with that being said, it was an amazing movie!  I loved every second of it and will definitely be owning it when it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray!  We did not see it in 3D, but I think if you are able to, this may be one of the movies that it would be worth the extra money to do so!  (3D gives myself and my daughter headaches so we avoid when we can, plus the cost for 6 of us gets high!).  I think they did very good at staying to the true original story line while making it a great movie for current times too!

With that being said, let's talk about all of the many life lessons my family believes you can learn from this movie!

TYLER (13 years):  Don't let revenge get in the way of your family



LILLIE (12 years):

  • You can't always hold on, sometimes you have to let go.
  • You can't judge a book by it's cover.  People were judging Elliott.
  • Family isn't who your born into, it's who loves you.
  • Don't be selfish and think only of yourself.   That can sometimes put other people in danger for your own personal gain.   Don't let selfish acts lead your life.
  • Every second is priceless.
CHLOE (10 years):  If someone is trying to help you, don't run away.  Accept help from others. 

SETH (10 years):
  • Because you can't see it, doesn't mean its not there.  Always believe!
  • If you hear a huge roar, STAY BACK! (OK, this made me laugh)
  • Don't try to hurt something if you don't know if it's gonna hurt you or if it's dangerous.  It's not right to hurt something for no reason.


JEREMY:  Don't take family for granted.
TAMARA:  You can survive a lot more than you think.  (To which SETH added as long as you have someone to help you),


WHAT LESSON'S DID YOUR FAMILY LEARN FROM THIS MOVIE?
We would love to hear about it in the comments below!














If you need help booking your own magical Disney Vacation, please visit 
www.facebook.com/OhanaAdventuresTravel 

and send them a message for a no obligation quote to get started!!   All their services are FREE to you!   They can help you find the best rate, the best resort to meet your needs/wants, and even help you with dining reservations and fast passes!!!!  Itinerary planning that will be a tremendous help to your family all for free!  They can even notify you if a better rate comes up!


No comments:

Post a Comment