With the start of a new year and Tax Refund Season close upon us, it is time to start planning your next Disney Vacation!!!! My favorite time of the year!
If you follow my blog, you know I am a HUGE supporter of small businesses! I truly believe one of the best ways we can help improve our communities is to support as many small businesses as possible! I know, with Disney being such a LARGE company, it is hard to imagine ways on how to improve the company through small businesses, but it is truly possible!!! Read on to hear some of my favorite ways, then be sure to leave your ideas in the comments too!!!
3. SUPPORT MOUSEKEEPING
So this one may sound silly, but stick with me. Some of the resorts at Walt Disney World are now offering a Disney Gift Card in exchange for Mousekeeping Services. I personally, advise against this. Although it is always nice to receive extra spending money to use while on property or for future trips, this is a tool Disney is using to save themselves money. When you choose to opt out of the Mousekeeping services, that is also choosing to diminish the need for that particular job! The more people do that, the less jobs they will need to fill. If you are staying at a resort for a longer stay where you get the higher value gift cards, you really want that service anyways honestly! On shorter services where you may not need it as much, the value of the gift card is not worth someone's paycheck! Think that through..... Plus, how awesome is it to get all the fun Mickey toiletries you can take home as a souvenir or to come back to your room to a freshly made bed! And don't forget to plan ahead and TIP YOUR MOUSEKEEPER!!!
*Picture taken from Google Images
2. BUY SOUVENIRS
AHEAD OF TIME BEFORE YOUR TRIP!
WHAT? Buy your souvenirs BEFORE your trip??? OK, OK, you can still buy some there! I know some of the merchandise in the parks are resistible! But ahead of time you can buy souvenirs from small vendors and they will be customized and/or different! Trust me, it will make you feel amazing walking through the park and getting a TON of comments on them! Click HERE to look at my list of favorite items!! Personalized trip shirts, Customized Mouse Ears, Jewelry, Custom Celebration Buttons, and SO MUCH MORE!!!!! And with every purchase, you are supporting a small business!!!
*Picture of ears made by Timbysia Creations
1. USE A SMALL BUSINESS TRAVEL AGENT
So I wrote a previous article on why you should always use a travel agent to book your trip, you can read it by clicking HERE. Yes, we are travel agents ourselves and we run Ohana Adventures Travel, but this is not just about supporting our own person business. If you do not want to use us, I am sure you know someone or can find someone on your friends list who does travel agency as well. There are so many perks to using a small travel agency! First and foremost, if they are a good one, their services are 100% FREE to you!!! Most of them, you can choose how much control you do or do not have! Some of our clients wish to use are additional free services such as: dining plan reservations, fast pass reservations, crowd control management, tips and tricks, itinerary planning, and us being there for you for any other questions! We have some clients that use all of those services, some that use none, and some that just use a couple! But you are also supporting US as a family! Which each booking, you are helping to put food on our table, pay for dance lessons, pay for school supplies, and so much more!!! And it costs you nothing extra at all!!! I will say, if you choose to go with another travel agency besides us, please make sure of a few things!
- Make sure they are free and have references and/or positive reviews.
- Make sure they are a small agency! Many times you will see the larger ones offer a HUGE on board credit for booking with them, that is most often a good sign they are not a small agency. That on board credit being offered is their commission. Travel Agents do not get paid until AFTER you take your vacation, so to give up their commission before you even go on your trip is a usually a big indicator of what size and type of agency they are. Yes, I know getting that on board credit is important and sometimes a big deal, but think shopping at Walmart versus the Mom & Pop Shop up the street. Its the same concept.
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP THE ECONOMY THROUGH YOUR DISNEY VACATION?
We would love to hear your suggestions in the comments!
If you need help booking your own magical Disney Vacation, please visit
and send them a message for a no obligation quote to get started!! All their services are FREE to you! Their services include:
- Finding the best rate possible, they will even notify you if a better deal comes up before your trip
- Booking all of your dining reservations
- Booking all of your fast passes
- Itinerary planning, including helping you plan your visit around the lowest crowds for your dates
- Special Events and experiences
- Customizing which resort is best for you and your family and so much more! It is like having your own personal fairy godmother in real life!
- Exclusive Discounts from Small Business offering Disney inspired products such as shirts, buttons, custom mouse ears, and more!