Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's of the Polynesian Resort

On several Disney Fan Facebook groups I am a member of, I was seeing a lot of posts about Tonga Toast and I was embarrassed that I did not know what it was (until I googled it of course) nor had I ever tasted it!  So on a recent trip, I decided to fix that issue!

To get Tonga Toast, you need to go to the Quick Service Restaurant, "Captain Cook's" on the first floor of the Polynesian Resort.

For just $6.99 you can get this very thick sourdough bread stuffed with Bananas that is then deep friend and rolled in cinnamon sugar!  (It comes with a side of either bacon or sausage too!)
Jeremy and I each got our own plate, and that was a big mistake.  This breakfast dish is GIGANTIC!   We could have totally shared and been very content!  It is so delicious though!  Warm, yummy, and extremely sweet!  I was thankful for my bacon to balance out all the sugar in it, LOL.  This dish has a cult like following, and you totally have to try it at least once in your life!  I would recommend you go with a friend or loved one and one of you get this, and one of you get the Bounty Breakfast Platter and share both dishes!!!



The environment at Captain Cook's is very light and fun!  I love all the posters on the wall!   There is not a ton of seating though, so try to either go either earlier or later for breakfast or go during a time when you can sit outside (which is actually very lovely!)







*Kids Menu also available


REMEMBER!  You do not have to be a guest at this resort to eat here!  You can drive over, or take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and take the monorail over from other resorts!  Also a great way to start your day visit for locals!




HAVE YOU TRIED TONGA TOAST? 
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS BELOW!










If you need help booking your own magical Disney Vacation, please visit 
www.facebook.com/OhanaAdventuresTravel 

and send them a message for a no obligation quote to get started!!   All their services are FREE to you!   They can help you find the best rate, the best resort to meet your needs/wants, and even help you with dining reservations and fast passes!!!!  They can even notify you if a better rate comes up!
*In Affiliation with Vacation with the Magic Travel Agency






No comments:

Post a Comment