The Magic Kingdom typically celebrates New Years Eve on both Dec 30 and Dec 31, however on December 31 they pass out complimentary party hats and noisemakers!! (I want one if you get one!) They have DJs and Dance Parties throughout both nights! New Years Eve tends to be extremely crowded and they turn people away once they get to capacity! They will have a special New Years Eve Edition of Fireworks at 11:50pm.
*Tomorrowland Terrace will offer a special New Years Eve dessert party on both nights.
*Magic Kingdom is the one park who does not serve alcohol (with the exception of Be Our Guest at dinner)
Epcot will also have DJs and Dance Parties throughout the park. They will have a Countdown and special New Years Eve Fireworks at 11:40pm. Complimentary hats and noisemakers will be passed out from 6:00-9:00 pm in Future World West, Future World East, and The American Adventure Pavilion,
- World Showplace is a special dining buffet event set to Disney music. You can make reservation between 3:00-10:30 pm. There are a bunch of fun photo ops at this event. The cost is $71.84 for adults and $44.37 for kids.
- Monsieur Paul in the France Pavilion will offer a special 3 course prix-fixe meal for lunch and dinner at various times for $85 per person plus tax and gratuity. They will offer a special dining event from 8:45 pm - 9:50 pm featuring a four course prix-fixe meal for $235 per person plus tax and gratuity ($295 with wine).
- La Hacienda de San Angel in the Mexico Pavilion is offering a special meal with a great view of the fireworks on the lagoon. Dinner becomes with a welcome margarita for adults and a live Mariachi band followed by a stunning surf and turf 5 course prix-fixe meal. The cost is $280.13 for adults and $73.14 for children (pre-paid, includes tax and gratuity.). Alcoholic drinks (apart from welcome margarita) and specialty coffees are additional.
- Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion is offering not just an unforgettable meal, but guests 21 and up get to take home a souvenir champagne flute featuring their logo! At the 4:30 and 6:45 seating you can enjoy a 4 course meal (choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert) for $148.04 for adults and $47.93 for children (ages 3-9). During the 9:00 pm seating you can enjoy a 5 course meal (choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert) for $211.94 for adults and $69.23 for children.
I have heard that Hollywood Studios has some of the most impressive fireworks on New Years Eve! They also tend to be the less crowded of the parks (although still crowded). Those will begin at exactly midnight. Complimentary hats and noisemakers will be available after 6:00 pm at the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show.
*There is a special holiday buffet offered at Minnie's Hollywood Dine taking place at Hollywood & Vine
There will be DJ Dance Parties and a variety of food and beverage options. The Disney Food Trucks will have unique menu items available.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes is expected to offer New Year's Specials
- Raglan Road will likely host an Irish New Year's Bash that is said to be a riot of fun! Bring in the Irish New Year at 7:00 pm and then again at Midnight! It is rumored guests enjoy a complimentary champagne toast at both times!
Many of the Disney Resorts have several options for New Years Eve! Remember, you do not have to be a guest at that resort to participate in the events! For guests however, the Children's Activity Centers remain open until 2 am and require a reservation (in case mom and dad want a special NYE date night!).
- ATLANTIC DANCE HALL at the Boardwalk Resort hosts a yearly New Years Eve party from 8:00 pm- 2:00 am. Dance your way through the New Year with a Video DJ, limited view of Fireworks, and beverages available for purchase from three different bars. They broadcast Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve on the big screen. The cost for admission is $37 plus tax and gratuity. You can purchase a VIP ticket for $80 plus tax and gratuity that includes complimentary desserts, coffee, access to the VIP floor and bars, and a VIP balcony view of the fireworks
- YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORT has uniquely themed party experiences in their convention center. "Club Vinyl" celebrates the golden age of music with a modern twist and a live band. "Adventure Club" has comedy shows throughout the evening. There will be a variety of appetizers and cocktails available. At midnight there will be a balloon drop and a confetti blast ringing in the New Year.
- CALIFORNIA GRILL AT THE CONTEMPORARY RESORT is offering an amazing gala with a wonderful view of the fireworks. This includes appearances by favorite Disney Characters, complimentary alcoholic beverages. There will be elaborate food stations throughout the restaurant. This event starts at 8:00 pm and the cost is $625 per person (includes tax and gratuity).
- GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT offers a New Years Eve party in the lobby with a balloon drop at midnight and live music throughout the evening. I am also told they have alcoholic beverages for purchase.
- NARCOOSSEE'S AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN is also offering a NYE Dinner Celebration with an exceptional view of the fireworks. Early Dinner is between 5:00-5:45 pm and is $159.75 for adults and $118.28 for children (prepaid, tax and gratuity included). Late Dining is between 8:30-9:30 pm and is $317.48 for adults and $118.28 for children (prepaid, tax and gratuity included).
- VICTORIA & ALBERT'S AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN will also feature a special holiday meal prepared by Chef Scott Hunnel.
- SWAN AND DOLPHIN RESORT has a variety of options. The Garden Grove (Swan) will host a Character buffet from 5:30-9:30 pm. Cost is $48.98 for adults and $21.29 for children (plus gratuity). The Il Mulino New York Trattoria (Swan) will host a dining event from 7:15-11:00 pm and will cost $105 for adults and $39 for children (plus tax and gratuity).
- SHADES OF GREEN is hosting a party with live entertainment and a midnight champagne toast that also includes a dinner buffet. This party will be held in the Magnolia Ballroom and the cost is $79.95 for adults and $24.95 for children.
WILL YOU BE ATTENDING ANY OF THESE EVENTS?
Watch for me at the Grand Floridian Balloon Drop!
If you need help booking your own magical Disney Vacation, please visit
and send them a message for a no obligation quote to get started!! All their services are FREE to you! Their services include:
- Finding the best rate possible, they will even notify you if a better deal comes up before your trip
- Booking all of your dining reservations
- Booking all of your fast passes
- Itinerary planning, including helping you plan your visit around the lowest crowds for your dates
- Special Events and experiences
- Customizing which resort is best for you and your family
- and so much more! It is like having your own personal fairy godmother in real life!