Monday, December 14, 2015

The Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen opens THIS WEEK!

Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen at the Magic Kingdom had a soft opening yesterday! The official opening happens this Wednesday (12/16/15) and as of now, Disney is not taking advanced reservations (although they are accepting Tables of Wonderland). This jungle cruise themed table service restaraunt is located in the Adventureland Veranda space and offers a variety of Asian and South American inspired food.



My friend, Kate Augusto, was at Disney World this weekend and she got a chance to be there for the soft opening and was nice enough to share her thoughts and pictures with us! She was so excited she is hoping to go back another day to try more of their food!
How cute are they?!



Here are pictures of the menu:


  

"There is an Ethiopian bread served with a honey dipping sauce. Really yummy."


"We ordered falafels to start. They were very flavorful, spiced well. I could eat a whole plate for my meal! Even my husband loved them and he doesn't like falafels."


"We had the pipeline punch and the Schweitzer slush. The slush was really good. It has these little bursting balls in it. So cool! The pipeline is good and is very mango tasting."
The Souvenir Mug is tin! I can not wait to get my own!!!



"I had the pork entree. It was ok. A little too salty for my personal tastes, but I don't add salt to anything. My husband had the Mac and cheese. It was so good! It was a belly warmer for sure. It had Mac and cheese on the top and spiced beef on the bottom. I kept grabbing for more!"



"We shared the kungaloosh for dessert. It was a chocolate cake with a banana whipped cream and ice cream with chocolate sauce. It was yummy, just wish it was served warm. I bet you could ask for that if you wanted it bad enough."
"Overall we loved it and I can't wait to go back to order more stuff!!!!"


Check out the pictures Kate also took of the restaurant decor!






Can I just say I want one of these light fixtures in my house now!




DO YOU HAVE PLANS TO VISIT THE SKIPPER CANTEEN?  
WHAT ARE YOU MOST EXCITED TO TRY THERE?




If you need help booking your own magical Disney Vacation, please visit 



and send them a message for a no obligation quote to get started!!   All their services are FREE to you!  Their services include:
  • Finding the best rate possible, they will even notify you if a better deal comes up before your trip
  • Booking all of your dining reservations
  • Booking all of your fast passes
  • Itinerary planning, including helping you plan your visit around the lowest crowds for your dates
  • Special Events and experiences
  • Customizing which resort is best for you and your family
  • and so much more!  It is like having your own personal fairy godmother in real life!


No comments:

Post a Comment