Many guests are concerned that the new metal detectors take away from the magic of Disney. People go to Disney to escape the real word, and it is sad to see that this has effected even there. My friend Clarissa Pagan hopes they will at least make the metal detectors more enticing joking she wants a pixie dust sound when she walks through! Not a bad idea!!!! Other guests are thankful to see the metal detectors in place saying it is long overdue and they are glad for the added protection.
I am told Disneyland in California is enforcing the metal detectors as well. The nearby Orlando theme parks, Sea World and Universal Studios, also installed metal detectors today.
Metal Detectors are not the only changes Disney is enforcing though. Disney is also halting the sale of all toy guns (it is rumored this may even include the toy bubble guns) and banning people 14 years and older from wearing costumes - even at Halloween parties! (for all you Disney Bounders, you can still do that!).
More deputies, security guards, and specially trained dogs have been seen on the property patrolling key areas.
Click HERE to read Disney's newly updated rules and regulations.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THESE NEW CHANGES TO SECURITY?
If you need help booking your own magical Disney Vacation, please visit
and send them a message for a no obligation quote to get started!! All their services are FREE to you! Their services include:
- Finding the best rate possible, they will even notify you if a better deal comes up before your trip
- Booking all of your dining reservations
- Booking all of your fast passes
- Itinerary planning, including helping you plan your visit around the lowest crowds for your dates
- Special Events and experiences
- Customizing which resort is best for you and your family
- and so much more! It is like having your own personal fairy godmother in real life!